1. There’s a reason schools teach Shakespeare instead of John Green; you make your own life, it’s not written in the stars, waiting to start until you find that person with the perfect smile
2. People are a hell of a lot smart than you think. Shut your mouth, stop thinking you know everything, and listen.
3. Getting close and being vulnerable is scary as hell, But you know what else it is? Worth it.
4. Reason really is the doctor to love.
5. The moment you feel your happiness being dictated by another person, take a break from them.
6. Take a step back and look around, you have more friends than you think.
7. Growing up is going to happen and it’s going to be tough. Just stay close to those around you, you’re all in it together.
8. If you’re still checking their Facebook/Instagram/tumblr, you’re never going to get over them.
9. Everything seems worse in the morning. Don’t fall for it, it’s deceiving.
10. No need to be so intense all the time. People get tired of swimming in the deep end, sometimes they need a break in the shallow part of the pool.
11. Stop avoiding everything. Get out of bed, get dressed, go to school, go to work. It sucks at first but it’s part of the healing process.
12. If the person makes you feel like shit and you still go back to them, it’s an abusive relationship.
13. Headphones are great, but listen to music aloud every once in a while. Sometimes you need to scream a song so everyone can hear you.
14. Boundaries are a must.
15. You can be a caring person, but you need to be happy with yourself before you try to make others happy.
16. Try and understand other’s intentions and situation before you get angry with them.
17. Tough love is necessary sometimes.
18. You can’t fix people no matter how hard you try. Get this engrained in your mind.
19. Surround yourself with people who will love and support you.
20. Loneliness is lethal and makes you have a distorted view of things.
21. No one hates you more than you hate yourself. Stop being your own enemy.
22. Someone can only hurt your feelings if you allow them to.
23. Getting your shit back in order is five times as hard as it is to mess it all up.
24. Listen to your parent’s advice.
25. Be open to anything and everything. Life isn’t fun when you’re a closed book.
26. Talking about your problems is great, but there comes a point when talking about it becomes dwelling on the past and it drains everyone around you. Know when you’ve hit this point.
27. A lot of people don’t like their shit showing. More people than you know are going through hard times.
28. Distract yourself.
29. Don’t be so easily swayed, a lot of claims out there are not true.
30. Some seasons of your life are harder than others. This too shall pass.
I’ve been having some pretty vivid spy dreams for the past three weeks. They mostly involve Russian spies and a new element similar to plutonium (I don’t even know what plutonium actually is, just that it’s radioactive and used in nuclear reactors). But it’s located somewhere under a lot of snow in way northern Russia. I also ride lots of polar bears around, and that’s pretty darn cool.
I’m not saying I’m onto something, but I might be onto something. I call dibs on naming the new element.
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes !
So dance, fucker, dance.
I never get tired of this song.
there should be a two year period after high school where it is socially expected that kids not work or go to school or do anything but take road trips, read books, meet new people, and take lots of pictures
Be Our Guest Restaurant, Magic Kingdom
Credit to the photographers is in the captions.
This is amazing, but I get the worst anxiety
DEFYING GRAVITY A CAPPELLA. BY BOYS. By the Washington University Stereotypes. Just bought it on iTunes, and had to share. Fuck, I love this song.
… What is this eargasm i’m having?!
I reblogged me after two seconds
I definitely just had an orgasm. Holy FUCKING SHIT.
I’M LISTENING WITH EARBUDS JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL